TCS

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 06:05:38 +1000, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On 30 Mar 2005 02:54:22 -0800, "Jerry G." put
finger to keyboard and composed:

If CRT sets were so reliable, I would have been unemployed years ago!!!
It is the LCD sets that I fear that will put more TV service people
out of work.

In our IT support area, we have been working with LCD monitors for
about 3 to 4 years now (from when they first came out in mass), and
have had very few few failures. The newer ones are even better than
that of a year ago!!!

LCD monitors/TVs may be more reliable (???), but I expect they will
all need a lamp and/or inverter replacement at some time in their
lives. That said, I guess it's a job anyone could do with minimal
training.

LCD backlights are too fragile to be replaced. Look at the lamp funny
and it'll break. Ask a company to ship you one and they'll just laugh.