Franc Zabkar

On 30 Mar 2005 02:54:22 -0800, "Jerry G." put
finger to keyboard and composed:

If CRT sets were so reliable, I would have been unemployed years ago!!!
It is the LCD sets that I fear that will put more TV service people
out of work.

In our IT support area, we have been working with LCD monitors for
about 3 to 4 years now (from when they first came out in mass), and
have had very few few failures. The newer ones are even better than
that of a year ago!!!

LCD monitors/TVs may be more reliable (???), but I expect they will
all need a lamp and/or inverter replacement at some time in their
lives. That said, I guess it's a job anyone could do with minimal
training.

In the higher end models, they are looking more like the CRT monitors
for their look and they way that they display images. The new 8 ms ones
are actualy faster for the refresh rate, than the CRT monitors. The
fast CRT monitors are about 10 to 12 ms.

I'll stick to the LCD monitors!

Jerry G.
======

- Franc Zabkar