machineman

skuke wrote:

Anybody know where I can find feed/speed info for milling and drilling
Platinum Iridium? I've checked the Machinery's Handbook 25th ed., and
Machining Data Handbook 2nd ed. (CutData Machinability Data Center). Nada.

I need to mill some ~.050" slots and .030" holes in ~.060" thick x ~.625" x
~.100" Pt/Ir. I don't know the exact alloy. I do know the material is
fairly hard and tends to cook quality HSS drills regardless of spindle
speed.

TIA,

You could try a carbide drill. Kennametal sell a 1/32 carbide spade
style drill Cat No KWCD 00648 On page 12 of their drill cat (4.5 mb
download)
http://www.kennametal.com/images/pdf...wist_drill.pdf