al

"nick smith" wrote in message
So I had to get some more expensive ones at about £9 each - problem was
they
were a different size and the plumbing was well bedded in to the wall, so
I had
to dig out the wall to modify, then make good the wall. The replacements
are
still going well after two years.

I vowed to myself that I would only buy the better ones (not cheapest)
from now
on.

That's still about £6 cheaper than the TRV4's though. Suppose it depends on
how many I go for. In one bedroom, there are two small double rads. Might
put a TRV on one and not the other. Usually I only use one rad unless it's
exceptionally cold so that should work. Might put one in the hall, but not
anywhere else downstairs as the thermostat is in the sitting room/lounge.