:::Jerry:::: wrote:

In which case you shouldn't be contemplating doing something that
could kill if you get things wrong. Competence to do something is not
just a wish to do something...

Jeeziz, a simple question about wiring conventions and the Safety Nazis
are on you.. if only I was as serenely competent as you Jerry and as
concerned for the poor idiots around me who don't know their AC from
their DC.

I have a willingness to learn and a willingness to ask people who might
know, like those on this group. I'm sorry if this seems ill-advised or
inept to you.

I happen to have a copy of the Reader's Digest DIY 'bible', snip

'nough said.... :~(

Nicely decontextualized...

As you say, enough said.