The Natural Philosopher

Mike Saunders wrote:
I woild like to know from anyone who has laid a gravel grive suitable
for light traffic. I already have a sound crushed limestone base. What
I need to know is

Advice on depth and type of material to use advantages/disavantages etc

about 3"

Should I put some of that special fabric over the base to stop weeds
etc. Some are already growing in the base due to contamination Does
this affect the depth of the gravel? (Moves around more?)

It doesn't really work. Mud and organic debris gets on top of any
garvel, and seeds blow in.

Use path clear every year to control.

Drainage. Mostly on a slight slope but there is one area that is lower
where puddles can form after heavy rain

Tough.
Use deepre greavle and rake...
Maintainance. Mud on tyres, fallen leaves etc. Does the gravel need
replenising every few years etc

no, it last about 20-30 yeqas, but it does eventually get packed with
mud and debris, and need a thing top coat.

Anything else I have missed

Tarmaxc?

I have the same job to do, again.

Gravel is not maintenance free. get used to it.

Many thanks in advance

Mike