Doctor Evil

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
In article ,
Grunff wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:

How well did/does the internal coil work? I'm conidering such a tank
to save a bit of space. (and money) Water through the coil will come
from a loft tank and be pumped rather than mains, but the net effect
ought to be the same. (Very low mains flow rate where I am) However,
we have a rather large bath to fill, so wondering if it'll cope...

It actually works very well. We used it with the internal coil for
several weeks before I switched to an external exchanger. My reason for
switching to an exchanger was not because I wanted more capacity, but
because I knew the coil would eventually scale up (very hard well
water). With an exchanger, replacement is easy.

Thanks. Very soft water here (Southish Dartmoor) so that shouldn't be a
problem. Not a hint of scale in the kettle after nearly 3 years. Lots of
mud though and they are digging up the street again to try to fix it )-:
(at least I hope thats why they are digging up the street again /mutter)

All mains pressure appliances musty have strainers on the cold supply.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download