Seeker

Default Grizzly G0507 band saw, any opinions?

Seriously considering the Grizzly G0507 20" band saw, I like it's size,
HP, resaw cap, table size, HD frame configuration,weight (600+ lbs) etc.
My concerns are for the blade guide post and its supporting hardware
seems like according to what pictures and parts breakdowns I can see on
line is that there is only the lower hole in the steel frame and an
upper guide plate (w/hole for the post)which is all of about 5/8" thick
from what I can see. This just does not seem like adequate support for
the amount of pressure that would be exerted against the blade/post
during resawing. Maybe I'm wrong but looking at the beefier Lagunas,
MiniMaxs and also the newer 21" Grizzly Industrial I feel like these are
much sturdier designs. Is it that the strength of the steel frame is the
most important and not the post assembly since its major function is to
mount the guide blocks. One of the recent woodworking mags did a review
of 18" imports and the Laguna LT16" and the Grizzly 18"HD which is
identical in design to their 20" HD came out on top along with the
Bridgewood 18" for least amount of forward blade deflection and also
received their best value rating, of course the Laguna took top honors.
Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks, DV