Rick Hughes

Default Slightly O/T.. Lawnmower problem

"Scott Bowers" wrote in message
news:c41744eb42c5eaa0655cf6dccc833624.29066@mygate .mailgate.org...
I apologise for this question to be (slightly ?) off topic but I`m
having a problem pull-starting my Mountfield Rotary Lawnmower .It has
the Honda GV100 engine and according to the User Manual it has a
transistorised Magneto system.

The problem appears to be no spark ,( proven with neon-timing light
tester ) but I`ve not had chance to investigate further.( I intend to
do this on Saturday in the daylight)

Has anyone any experience working on this type of Honda engine.

I have an ISEKI mower with a Honda engine, I have had the electronic
'Ignitor' chip fail twice.

There is no spark at the plug when it happens - I know there are loads of
other reasons that could be the cause, but as it has happened twice, maybe
they are unreliable on Honda small hp motors

Rick