Mr Fixit eh

Default Vapour Combustion

So we've sorted out that dust is likely not a risk for combustion in
the home workshop unless you're shaking out your dust collector bags
right beside your furnace/ hot water tank pilot light.

Now for the vapours....I try to keep to the water-based stains, paints,
etc, but every once in a while resort to an oil-based. If I'm using an
oil-based, I crank the basement window open (basement shop). I
recently purchased a cartridge-style respirator with organic vapor
filters for lung protection. Do I need to be worried about an
explosion from these vapors? What sort of concentration is required
before the flame will make a big 'poof.'

I was planning to use some contact cement on a project. I had
purchased latex CC, but advice from this forum recommended oil-based
CC. Based on the warnings on the can, I'm thinking maybe this stuff
should stay out of the basement shop.

On a slightly different note.....

I need to attach oak skins to kitchen cabinet sides. How dangerous is
this stuff to use on a main floor kitchen. I would close the basement
door to prevent the vapours sinking to the basement, and set up a fan
with windows open to exhaust the vapours.

Thoughts?

Steve