rick pixley

tighten the set screw on the shaft of the indexing wheel and the sloppiness
should be reduced
"George" george@least wrote in message
Susan arrives a bit early from work, looks at my pitiful efforts and says
"looks like you bit off more than you could chew."

Wait just a minute! What makes me think I have to eat the whole thing in
one bite? Down to the basement, another piece of scrap cherry, and this
time I only bore a half inch into the rim, then part off at a 1/4" thick.
Twelve evenly spaced spoke holes. Part down to the hub and put the jig
back
on the rest - twelve evenly spaced holes.

SHEESH! Scene of Polack shrugging his shoulders in incomprehension,
followed by the heel of his hand to his forehead as he comprehends.

Thus the old question - " why do Polacks have round shoulders and flat
foreheads?" is answered once again....

BTW, the 3000 has some pretty sloppy indexing holes compared to Ol' Blue.
Any fix?