Greg G.

Folks,

You'll have to excuse the break in threading - Charter has
progressively deteriorated to the point where I don't even receive my
own posts, I got these from Google. Another ISP bites the dust...

RonB said:

I must be aesthetically challenged. I think it looks great. Good work.

Thanks,
I'm getting used to it... I think I like it...
The colors continue to be dynamic - it's like a mood ring.

Thanks,
Greg

gpdew said:

Looks great to me. I've not done it myself, but the rigs I've seen used in
deep hollowing sometimes had very long handles, sometimes an
additional rest farther back along the ways with provision to prevent
rotation of the tool, and sometimes a special arm brace/handle which
provides more grip against tool torque.

I've seen the RS2000/3000 - looks like a bit of overkill for a Jet
Mini. I just need to fashion up an extended platform rest or some
kind of deep tool rest for doing these sorts of things. I know I
won't do another until then, however, as this one about killed my
wrists. The lack of leverage and control was not pleasant.

If you're anywhere around Southern California, I come by a pick up the
"leftovers" from that log, and haul it away for free!

I'm sure you wood. Unfortunately, I live in the vast unwashed red
states of the Southeast - and although we do travel to Santa Barbara
and Groveland on occasion, the shipping would be prohibitive. ;-)

One advantage (?) of living near a large city, is that the trees are
systematically eradicated in lieu of tacky McMansions, more pavement,
and new strip malls filled to the brim with crappy Chinese Imports.

I'm always tripping over logs and felled trees. The sidewalks are
littered with these damned spalted birch logs. We've burned 5000
pounds of this stuff and it just keeps coming. Huge holly's, neatly
sliced walnut burls, maple crotches, you name it - we've burned it...
:-o

Thanks,

Greg G.