Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Grunff wrote:
Steve Firth wrote:

Is it possible to get a thermal store that will heat the incoming cold
water mains without needing a plate exchanger?

Yes. Our 'thermal store', which I converted into a heat bank (by adding
an external heat exchanger, flow switch and pump), can do exactly this.
It has a built in heat exchanger coil. Very long coil inside the
cylinder. You pass cold water in and it comes out hot.

How well did/does the internal coil work? I'm conidering such a tank
to save a bit of space. (and money) Water through the coil will come
from a loft tank and be pumped rather than mains, but the net effect
ought to be the same. (Very low mains flow rate where I am) However,
we have a rather large bath to fill, so wondering if it'll cope...

Gordon