RedOnRed

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Stefek Zaba wrote:

Not Walk Here. And they've apparently encouraged photocopier and scanner
manufacturers to detect and deliberately spoil/low-fi-ify (IYSWIM)

You just reminded me to try an experiment...

Stuck a £20 note on the flatbed and scanned at 300dpi into Photoshop CS...
no problem.

Up the resolution to 1200dpi however, and you get a popup after the scan
that says:

"This application does not support the unauthorised processing of banknote
images

For more information select the information button below for
internet-based information on restrictions for copying and distributing
banknote images or go to www.rulesforuse.org."

Works fine in Photoshop 7 or lower however.... (older versions scan
quicker as well - wonder why insert "irony" emoticon here)

(interesting to note there is no way of telling it that you are authorised
to process such images - perhaps there is a registry tweak)

It's interesting how we've seamlessly moved from hacking my knackers off
with either a circular saw or angle grinder to flat-bed scanning in bank
notes.

I appreciate the diversion of attention though.

--
Cheers,

John.