meirman

In sci.electronics.repair on Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:38:20 -0600
posted:

CRT sets will last about 30,000 to 40,000 hours on the average. The new LCD
sets will probably last about 50,000 to 60,000 hours.

Well now you've just changed my mind back to LCD! Ha!!

Im concerned abt buying a small LCD tv cause of the
shift to HD sets soon.

Will a current analog LCD tv such as the 19" Dell TV in
link below be obsolete in a few years when the big
switch to HD transmission?

http://tinyurl.com/63bnj

That's why I was thinking of CRT based.... they are so
cheap I can just throw it away if its obsolete in a few
years. No?

Don't throw it away. That's incredibly wasteful. Give it to me. I
live alone too, and when I want to get HD, I'll get one tuner that
I'll put where my VCR is now, and use the same distribution system I
have now to send the signal to the tvs I have in most of the other
rooms. (Upstairs: Bedroom, Office, Bathroom. First floor: Living
room, kitchen. Basement: "Club room", laundry room. Attic. I didn't
really a cable outlet in the laundry but it only took about 15 minutes
and cost less than a dollar, so what the heck.

If you don't want to give it to me, give it to Goodwill Industries.

Even if such tuners didn't exist, there will still be people happy to
have an analog tv until the last station is off the air, and after
that they can use them to play dvds and tapes.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.