Owen Lowe

In article , (Bart V)
wrote:

Do feel too bad, I got into turning because it looked more promising,
as far as trying to make a few bucks at it, than to continue doing
stained glass. I was producing really cool stuff, original designs
(check my website for some pics) etc. - no elites to cater to here
either and in fact, literally having a hard time trying to give it
away...

There's a difference though... Stained and leaded glass has been valued
for centuries in cathedrals as well as a major selling point in old
homes. Styles, skills and markets affect all arts and crafts but in the
case of glass there have been very clear periods of time when demand was
evident throughout society. I don't see instances in history in which
wood turning has enjoyed that respect and desire of ownership.

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long