IMM

Default Under patio heating

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:16:27 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

It isn't OK at all.

We're heading towards a potential energy crisis and runaway global
warming and the ostriches bury their head in the sand and think it's

not
their problem

No, youy simply raise the price of energy
till its everybodies problem.

What warped logic. So the mass of the lower
section of the economic ladder
are financially penalised, taking more into
energy poverty, because some
with lots of money waste energy and pollute.

Not really. Just pragmatic.

As millions die of hypothermia. My GOD! What warped logic. What self
centeredness.

In this case, somewhat ineffective
as well. How would you prevent people
from wasting energy by legislation?

- Have housing, new and renovated at superinsulation levels. Adopt the
German Passiv Solar regs.
- Legislate that cars are to be cleaner and more economic, ridding ourselves
of the 19th century technology we drive around on.
- Better town planning, preventing over use of cars and more homely and to
people scale environments.
- etc

You don't need to be that bright to see what can be done to improve matters
for everyone.

Have a law against putting heating under
patios or opening windows?

You can't put heating in conservatories. They are supposed to be unheated
rooms. Millions do and add to global warming. Many find that 1/3 of their
heating bill is heating a glass uninsulated box at the back of the house.
This is unacceptable.