Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
I've got two, and one which I think uses Rugby re-set sometime Sunday
morning, and was correct when I first looked at it.

The other one didn't, and waited until sometime last night to update. It's
a different make, and may use the German equivalent to Rugby as it gives a
choice of UK or Continental time. And I've noticed recently the little
radio indicator isn't often showing it's receiving a signal. Although it's
usually spot on against the GTS, so must be getting it sometimes.

The 'Rugby' one always shows it's getting a signal.

Has anything changed that might effect this?

I built a Rugby one some ~15 years ago. At that time, the
German transmitter didn't claim cover much of the UK.

I don't know what sort of aerial the current commercial
products use, but if it's a ferrite rod aerial (which is
what I used), then these are very directional, and if you
rotate the clock by 90º from the ideal position, it
will get no signal at all.

--
Andrew Gabriel