Terry Collins

Karl Townsend wrote:

You're forgetting my personal favorite tax rule, Section 179. This allows
you to expense up to the first $20,000 in capital equipment the year of
purchase. This one allows you to "balance" your income right at year end.
Got a good year? Take 179 to the max. Bad year? Depreciate and have
deduction next year.

We must have something similar in this country. I've met a few "self
employed" blokes recently who have changed/looking to change accountants
because they suddenly found they were making "contributions" to
consolidated revenue. As one said, I can always spend it on more tools
or something.