Rex B

SteveB wrote:
I got a hammock. From eye to eye is 11'. My patio supports are about 8'
wide, plus or minus. I could use an outside 4x6 support leg, and then
attatch the other end to a double stud, but am not sure if the double stud
would hold it, or if it would cause the stucco to flex off. I have looked
and looked, and there just doesn't seem to be any place to put it where it
wouldn't be in the way.

I have 2x8 rafters 24" oc, and 14 feet long. Can a hammock be hung from
rafters, or would that make it fold up too much in the middle, hence folding
the napping person in half? Could I use steel tubes coming down vertically
from the rafters, and then use chains at an angle from the lowest point back
up to the rafter?

Sure, a vertical tubing or chain at the ends, and an angled chain to
hold it out straight. Cal it a $-Link Suspension.
As to whether your structure is strong enough, that depends a lot on the
heft of the occupant.

- -
Rex Burkheimer
Fort Worth TX