Ned Simmons

In article , says...
The thing is harder than a whore's heart
- I had a friend resurface it on his Blanchard grinder.

You have deeply offended me, and a very useful group of ladies...

Gee, I thought it was a compliment, at least I always took it for one
when uttered by the retired Navy chief I worked with as a kid and who
taught me how to weld. Anyway, he seemed to hold whores in higher regard
than his various ex-wives.

I'm sure you *meant* loiyers/stockbrokers/politicians...
Or mebbe, "as hard as actors (or yuppie daytraders) are useless..."
Indeed, that platen is quite a piece--uh, so to speak.

Anyway, we all need friends w/ Blanchard grinders!
And I will check into those DRMO's--sound inneresting.

Mine's got the same divot--I'm sure they all do! I may just drill a cupla
extree holes on the back plate and reverse the platen.

Good luck, it's harder than a...oh, yeah.

And/or line it w/ some 062 spring steel sheet from MSC. This way, the
platen is "planned consummable", sorta like what you see on the bottom of a
hand-held belt sander.

Have a look at the top edge of the platen. Mine has three tapped holes
there as though there may have been such a sheet originally. I
considered doing just that, but it wouldn't have cured the twist, and
the grinding to flatten the platen brought the holes too close to the
face to use them in that fashion.

Ned Simmons