Frank Erskine

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:35:52 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

I've got two, and one which I think uses Rugby re-set sometime Sunday
morning, and was correct when I first looked at it.

The other one didn't, and waited until sometime last night to update. It's
a different make, and may use the German equivalent to Rugby as it gives a
choice of UK or Continental time. And I've noticed recently the little
radio indicator isn't often showing it's receiving a signal. Although it's
usually spot on against the GTS, so must be getting it sometimes.

The 'Rugby' one always shows it's getting a signal.

Has anything changed that might effect this?

I also have two - the one up here in the study is on Rugby, and
changed correctly (well, all right, I didn't stop up all Saturday
night to see it do it's stuff, but it was correct early on Sunday),
but the kitchen one, which uses the German transmitter, didn't correct
itself until Monday.

The fact that it DOES correct itself more or less exonerates the
battery (cell actually).

On a few occasions annually the kitchen one seems to go a few hours
out for a day or so, so I wonder if their transmissions are prone to
some quirkiness...

I'm still amazed that a single (not especially 'high power') AA cell
can happily drive a radio receiver, logic circuitry and a clock with
big(gish) hands for a year or more :-)

--
Frank Erskine