Mark S.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:16:11 GMT, (Anna Kettle)
wrote:

Two winters with no loft insulation is quite enough and I have been
costing the various options, which turn out to be

Wool batts
Conductivity 0.038 W/mK
£11.30 /sqm

Flax rolls
Conductivity 0.037 W/mK
£15.00 /sqm

Isowool rolls (glass fibre)
Conductivity 0.04 W/mK
£1.70 /sqm

Even if VAT needs to be added to the glass fibre option it still looks
loads cheaper than either of the others so I can see why the
eco-products haven't hit the mass market yet. I'd be prepared to pay a
bit more for them, but an order of magnitude more sticks in my gullet

Anyhow whats eco-unfriendly about glass fibre. Its only sand, isn't
it?

Anna

I used the Pink Panther stuff after the mess clearing the old style
stuff out.

Comes in nice compacted pink rolls, very few stray fibres to get all
over you and make your skin nice and itchy.

Costs more than the normal stuff but worth it for the ease of use. :-)

Mark S.