Sm704 wrote:
I have a 14" JVC TV which I purchased new about 2 and a half years

ago.
Ever since I bought this TV, I've noticed a very strange problem with
it. When the TV has been on for about a half hour or longer, it

starts
to give off an odor that is similar to a skunk or a latex glove.

AFAIK, JVC had their chassis made by ONWA in 14' models. I was in fact
working on an onwa chassis today, and noticed that the plastic plug for
the degauss coil was hard up gainst the ptc thermistor and had melted
and burned a bit. It was hard to separate them much, as they are so
close together on the board anyway.

There were also speaker cables with a plastic sleeve resting on power
resistors in the power supply, but that only had a small slightly
melted section.

Typical low end junk design.

I have posted a couple of pics :

http://hometown.aol.com/worldoftack/

....you may want to open your set and check that to see if you have
the same problem!

regards, Ben