Dave Gostelow

I definately swapped the right connections.

I'm very happy tonight because just over 1/4 turn of the 'screen' trimmer
has solved the problem. It has got the blue to turn off properly in black
parts of the picture, but the blue gun is still extremely strong compared to
the other two. I have been able to get a reasonable colour balance by
changing the engineer settings with the remote.

My conclusion: the tube is not dead yet, but how long it lasts is anyones
guess.

Thanks for the replies, and also to those whose archived posts I found via
google which gave me the hints that fixed the problem!

"James Sweet" wrote in message

If disconnecting the pin turns the blue off there's still hope. Are you
*sure* you swapped the blue with something else right at the tube socket?