PoP

Default Automatic Garage Door Openers

On 13 Apr 2004 20:29:22 -0700, (Han Chung)
wrote:

Will this cause big problems if I were to have an automatic door
opener installed?

Do not, I repeat do not, put in an automatic garage door opener
without having a fully working door assembly. You will have tears if
you do because if the door mechanism misbehaves as the door is being
opened or closed the motor will continue piling on the pressure. You
could end up with a bent door or worse.

I fitting an automatic garage door opener some months back. It's been
successful, but the door mechanism was in good shape before I started.

If you aren't sure about what the problem is I would suggest a visit
to a garage door company showroom where you can express an interest in
automatic garage door closers, and then advise of the problem you've
got. If you are lucky the company will have a resident expert (and I'm
not talking about the straight-out-of-sales-school kid) who has worked
on garage doors and who would be able to offer you the sort of advice
you need to ensure this is fixed properly.

PoP

---
http://www.ukdiy.org.uk