wmbjk

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 03:13:58 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

And no fancy **** from PG&E

Have you called and asked about specifics? I think you'll find you're
wrong.

If you read the fine print...in many cases PG&E is unwilling or unable
to offer all those nifty bells and whistles things to those of us in
many small towns.

Got an example of that fine print? Let's see it. In the meantime, here
http://www.pge.com/tariffs/pdf/E-7.pdf Look at what it says after
"Territory". Regardless, TOU is just one way to cut costs.

Ive called them, the PUC, etc etc...and a hell of a lot of the "cool
stuff" they offer to folks in the city, are simply not available here
in Bum****ville

What *exactly* have they refused you that's available to city folk?
Why would you call the PUC? Who is "etc etc", and why would you call
them?

Focus.... look here http://www.homepower.com/files/loadcalc.pdf (4th
page in). 5 hours of TV, 8 hours computer, 1 load of washing per day,
and all the other normal stuff. Doesn't sound like too much skimping,
and amounts to 8kWhrs per day, about what your baseline is. So
*exactly* how do you explain using perhaps 5 times that much some
months?

They give you all sorts of bumwipe with the bills, telling you not to
run your air conditioner (dont have one) during certain hours..the
hours where its 110F here in the desert. Do your laundry at 3am.

If TOU isn't available in your area, then why would they advise you to
change your use times? Here's a clue - if you don't have a TOU meter,
then they don't have any way to know what time of day your energy is
used. Besides, peak hours are from noon to six weekdays, so the 3am
laundry thing is transparent malarkey.

Dont run appliences during peak hours. Hard for the wife to pull the
reefer out of the built in and unplug it. Particularly when the
cooler is off and its 110F in the house.

That's why you should do a proper analysis first, to help make
intelligent decisions about which loads to shift, and which to can.
Once you learn the difference between the consumption of a coffee
maker and a coffee grinder, then you won't have to make up silly
excuses about the need for refrigerator schlepping.

After ploughing through all this sort of crap, one simply tosses the
**** in the dumpster.

Fourteen years ago in CA I read in some of that crap that I could
reduce my electric bill. If I was still there, the savings might have
amounted to perhaps $3500 (plus interest) by now. It would be more in
your case. So you might consider adopting a "better late than never"
attitude.

Wayne