Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...

Yup, Sundstrand!
Mine is a 1 hp 3 ph, I bleeve.
Only flaw that I can see is, unless the bearings are truly perm. lubed,
which mine clearly weren't, there is no easy way to lube'em.
Looks I will be paying considerably more than you did! In sweat as well as
cash!

What is a DMRO auction?

I always mix those letters up, DRMO = Defense Reutilization
and Marketing Office. Most military bases used to have
offices that distributed surplus equipment to local
governments, schools, etc., and then solld the remainder at
public auctions. Most of this has been taken over by a
private contractor...

http://www.govliquidation.com/

I just checked, my grinder is also 1 HP. You're unlikely to
find anything much nicer, so I wouldn't hesitate to spend a
reasonable amount of time and money to get the grinder
working again. One thing to check is the flatness of the
platen. Mine had a divot worn in it right behind the rest
and was twisted as well, probably as a result of stress
relief as it wore. The thing is harder than a whore's heart
- I had a friend resurface it on his Blanchard grinder.

Ned Simmons