Steve Manes

On 28 Mar 2005 22:26:00 -0800, "MJD509"
wrote:

* Do I need to turn off the pilot lights (for an extended period) on my
gas water heater and furnace -- or will opening the windows be enough
ventilation (if painted in the spring)?

That should be good enough but I'd also add an exhaust fan to move air
through the space. Even a pilot light can create lots of monoxide and
very smelly unburned hydrocarbons.

* Is the gloss surface going to be a safety concern (slipping)?

Probably not unless the floor gets wet. If this is a concern there
are additives you can mix into the paint. I add a handful of fine
sand into deck paint for exterior applications.

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs