Default Roofing estimate, what is reasonable?

We are in the process of buying a home and we need to get an estimate
for some roof repairs before we come to a final agreement.

First the specs:

Only 2 sides of the house need done (back and left side). The other two
sides were done about 10 years ago and are in good shape.

The current roof is soft slate, approx 100 years old, and is not
salvageable. The re-roofed sections are 3-tab shingles.

The area in question is approx 8 sq. with a 9/12 pitch. The left side
of the house has one chimney and the back has a gable and a chimney.
Box gutters. The gutters also need re-sealed though I'm willing to do
that myself if need be. There will need to be some repairs of the
decking, looking at it from below in the attic I would say between 5%
and 20% will need replaced.

In terms of accessability it's 3 stories up at the front of the house
and 4 at the back. The back has a roofed porch that comes about 2/3 of
the way across the back of the house. (this needs no repair but would
interfere with ladder setup)

We got one estimate from a local company for $13,500.00 which I think
is way out of line. We are persuing some other bids but in the
meantime, what do you think is a reasonable range of bids for this
project?

FWIW we've had some trouble even getting companies TO bid on this since
they don't want to deal with the slate and the pitch of the roof. We
are in the Pittsburgh, PA area if it matters.

Thanks!

-Tim