John_ZIZinvalid

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:35:52 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

I've got two, and one which I think uses Rugby re-set sometime Sunday
morning, and was correct when I first looked at it.

The other one didn't, and waited until sometime last night to update. It's
a different make, and may use the German equivalent to Rugby as it gives a
choice of UK or Continental time. And I've noticed recently the little
radio indicator isn't often showing it's receiving a signal. Although it's
usually spot on against the GTS, so must be getting it sometimes.

The 'Rugby' one always shows it's getting a signal.

Has anything changed that might effect this?

I have had the same problem, the clock does not update the time from
the transmitter automatically at 1am/2am/3am as specified in the
instructions.

When I press the button to update from the transmitter manually
nothing happens except a flashing antenna symbol and it eventually
this times out.

It did update over the weekend and indicated 'DST' whatever that is
and was one hour ahead of UK time.

I often experimented with it, and wondered if local electronic devices
are causing reception problems, or reception of the transmissions is
too weak, and updates only occur under certain propagation conditions.