CQMMAN

Christian McArdle wrote:
Why bother selling argon-filled units, if there is massive gaps in
the roof?

All rooms needs ventilation, or the occupants would get ill and
condensation would get everywhere.

The reason for having good insulation, but still allowing ventilation
is that heat lost through walls/windows is entirely wasted. However,
heat lost through air at least has the benefit that pollutants (i.e.
carbon dioxide and excessive water vapour) can escape, allowing fresh
air in.

Even this heat lost can be recovered, using heat recovery ventilation
systems, strangely enough. However, these would be overkill for a
conservatory.

Christian.

Sorry, I am not an expert, but I understand the need for trickle vents, but
are you saying that it is normal to have OTHER gaps in the roof to allow air
out and insects out?

Can you explain in simpler terms why it is worth spending all that money on
gass-filled "super" units, when you are going to let the air of the top of
the consevatory anyway? Why use trickle vents, if you are going to have gaps
there?

Does anyone else have bees, wasps etc crawling into a closed conservatory
and consider it normal? I know that you need airflow, but that is why I can
open the door to the house, or the window. However I should be able to close
the doors and windows, and not expect anything to crawl in shouldn't I?

Thanks

--
Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first
prize in the lottery of life" -Cecil Rhodes

"For a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the
great and enduring alliances of modern times."
George W Bush -Tokyo, Japan, Feb. 18, 2002

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the
stones. Psalms 137:9.

Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces.
Malachi 2:3.

"He who rises up to kill us, we will pre-empt it and kill him first,"
- Ariel Sharon 8th May 2002