Joe

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:29:48 GMT, "Bob Krecak"
wrote:

Joe,
Normally there is some kind of spacer between the inner races of two housed
ball bearings. The arbor shaft spans the distance between the two inner
races. If there was no spacer you could tighten the retaining nut for the
arbor (opposite blade end) so tight the inner races will be preloaded to the
point of early failure. If after the installation of new bearings the arbor
does not spin freely something is wrong.

Now I understand you. In this case, the bearings are just pressed on
the arbor shaft to the point where opposite of the blade end, you snap
on an O-ring to secure the assembly. The only resistance I fell after
installing them is the thick grease used in the sealed bearings.

Thanks for the suggestion!

...Joe L