The Natural Philosopher

Default Sticky situation - adhesive question .. oh ha ha (sorry)

KD wrote:

Hi all,
I've just spent several hours carefully sticking my adhesive backed
speaker cable right around the living room to connect up the rear home
cinema speakers. Some 20 minutes later the wire has detached itself from
the double sided adhesive strip i.e. not the adhesive strip from the wall so
I have some dignity remaining. As such I now have some flat cable with no
sticking qualities whatsoever. My question is:
What adhesive is strong enough to stick and hold speaker wire indefinitely
to plasterboard (plus the usual new build magnolia paint) but will, if
required, allow you to remove it without destroying the plasterboard later ?
I wouldn't normally ask the question about removing the cable but there's
redundancies at work in the next few months so we may have to sell up remove
the speaker wire. The cable run is about 9 metres in length.

Frankly nothing. Either it stricks to teh paint or its no bloody good.
If it stiks to teh paint it will rip it of the wall. Assume that you
will have to redecoireate and unse superglue.

Thanks for any help,
Keith

Was I pi**ed off when it started unsticking itself :-( IXOS stuff from HiFi
Bitz - do not buy it, it doesn't work. The last lot I used was fine though
(3 years ago).

I am considering feeding this cable through the walls but this seems like
quite a big job for a reasonably lazy so and so like me. Is it a very big
job ? I've already got fish tape from Screwfix.