Adrian

Default Secondhand washing machine motor

Hi Rich

If the load you intend is not to large why not try tumble dryer motors they
run at a constant speed and some reverse so you can get the right direction
you need I think they are cap start induction motors!!!!! If you want a
washing machine try philco they had some massive induction motors on them
two sets of windings wash which could go in either direction and spin which
was faster.

Now that's a thought..... tumble-dryers.
The power required for my little setup is not enormous - about the same as the
average bench-grinder, I'd imagine. In fact - that was another possible route -
I've seen such a setup powered by a cheapie bench-grinder with the wheels
removed and a pulley put in their place.

Another alternative is a friend of mine who has 'sheds' like you wouldn't
believe..... and thinks he has a couple of motors 'kicking around' - so I'll
pursue that possibility first.

Thanks for the suggestion though..

Adrian
Suffolk UK