Paul \( Skiing8 \)

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi all,

Don't know if any of you recall previous posts - but now about 50%
through a major bathroom overhall - lots of issues along the way - but
so far - so good!

Room gutted. New tiled floor laid. And need to fit a new toilet.

But - the floor tiles are *SO* hard - I can't drill the sods! Wasn't
an issue when fitting as could diamond-cut them and all pipes were at
the edge.

But the toilet has brackets you fix (screw) to floor - then screw the
toilet too. But there is little chance I can drill these holes in the
floor. (Tried on test tiles with decent drill and bits.... and only
just started to make a dent!!!

So - thinking of alternative means. Thinking that I could use clear
silicone sealant as a glue around (under) pedestal and use that to fix
to the floor? Is that suitable? Any other options?

Cheers!

Have you tried a diamond tile bit yet?

lots to choose from here,

I was a dubious about drilling a hole in a tile, scared of cracking it, used
one of the little drills and it cut through it like butter and it felt like
there was no danger of the tile cracking

Paul