Steven

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:m842e.54874$hA3.20021@trnddc09...

"Barney" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
what's a scart socket?

will using the audio and video jacks instead of the single coax jack
bypass this problem too? thanks.

A Scart connector (also called a Euroconnector, so you may not have them

in
the US) is a 21 pin audio and video connector for connecting signals -

via
suitable lead - between various AV equipment. Yes, using the audio and

video
should also work and bypass the problem as well.

No US TV's have SCART connectors so it's understandable that someone from
here or Canada has never heard of them.

Has anybody considered a fluctuation in voltage to the tuner or video amp
bringing signal level sporadically low (say by a component fluctuating
erratically such as a capacitor being drawn by a bad diode)? Not that I'm an
engineer, but humor me, as nobody else has addressed the question well yet
IMO.