PrecisionMachinisT

"Ignoramus29361" wrote in message

To someone who does not value tools, this is a waste of time, a zero
profit activity. To someone who does value these tools, this is time
very well spent.

Tools have only the value you can sell them for at any given moment unless
you are to use them to conduct a business, adding value to raw
materials.....

IOW, they are generally next to worthless except for their salvage or
"collector items" value unless they are being used to turn a profit via
their utility in skilled hands..........

IF you are sheltering your "tool collecting habits" via exploitiation of the
tax codes, then you deserve every bit of wrath the IRS can cast upon you
should you ever get caught.

Every****ingthingthatIbuy *has* to be categorized as to intended
usage....in order to meet local, State, and Federal tax code...and this
needs to be done at the time of purchase...NOT at some point in time when it
is convenient for _me_ to decide how to dispose of it....

Just a whole different ballgame is all Im saying....its not a matter of me
buying something cause it might come in handy....more one of like "what job
do I have can I charge this purchase to"???

And also when it actually does come time to sell something.......I get to
pay taxes on the differense on what it cost, v/s the "recovery"...

Hopefully, this might make some sense.....most of the **** you find for sale
isnt something your gonna be able to retire offa...regardless of whether you
save tons of it over many years...or whether your trying to compete with
Chinese labor in running an old engine lathe in your garage...

And even if it IS profitable...there's alwayses ole Uncle Sam with his hand
out....wanting HIS share....something about a war on drugs or terrorism or
somesuch....

Your mileage may vary, so suggest get an accountant and have *him* sign the
bottom line..........thats about all I pay mine for, after all.

--

SVL