James Sweet

"Dave Gostelow" wrote in message
The user manual is copyright 1997 and I guess the TV is probably that old.
I've only had it a few days. I don't want to believe the tube is bad, but
I'm probably going to have to accept that it is, and its not going to be
worth replacing it. I'm going to try one more thing tomorrow before I give
it up: try adjusting the G2 (screen) setting to see if that makes any
difference. I found something about that adjustment on another posting

which
was about fixing single colour visible flyback faults.

If disconnecting the pin turns the blue off there's still hope. Are you
*sure* you swapped the blue with something else right at the tube socket?