Ron DeBlock

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:14:33 +0000, Bernd wrote:

I don't either, but think back to the days when many had CB radios. One
hand on the wheel the other held the mike. Truckers still use them
today. Haven't heard of anyone having an accident using a CB radio.

Truckers are trained professionals, most of them are excellent drivers.
And, most CB and ham radio conversations are general BSing and don't
require a lot of thought. For me, cell phone conversations tend to be
about work, or figuring out who's gonna pick up which kid, and remember
to pick up a list of things on the way home - they require more
concentration.

On the OT topic, I saw an Excursion driving lady, yapping on the phone
(handheld, illegal in NJ) nearly get T-boned by a loaded dump truck. She
didn't yield as she negotiated the traffic circle. Props to the trucker,
I don't know how he avoided the SUV and kept his rig upright,
horn blaring, tires screeching and smoking. I'll bet the lady needed a
change of underwear, but I doubt she learned anything.

-Ron