wmbjk

On 28 Mar 2005 14:06:55 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , wmbjk says...

Minimum charges are pretty common, probably nearly universal. Gunner's
was about 15 cents per day.

I can't find that post of his - I've looked back in the thread,
and while I remember seeing a rate structure, none of his
posts show it.

Do you recall if he put it there, or was it another poster?

Jim

Steve W's post http://tinyurl.com/4oxha PG&E's info on how to read
their bills (click on links on right side of page for 3 more pages)
http://www.pge.com/res/understanding...ard/page1.html

In my experience PG&E was very cooperative about finding ways to lower
costs. We shaved hundreds per month off some commercial accounts by
changing to different rate plans. And I remember that a friend who
insisted his bill was too high got a house call and a review just by
asking for it. Yup, says right here that they still offer free surveys
http://www.pge.com/rebates/alliances...ield_kern.html Perhaps if
he whines to them a little they might waive the installation fee for a
TOU meter. Combine that with an accurate evaluation and some
discipline, and he should be able to hold his bills to $100. That's
still sort of a yuppyish consumption level for a "survivalist" :-),
but a big improvement just the same.

Gunner - read up on solar water heating systems. Used collectors are
often available free for the hauling after pool work. A good scrounger
could build an entire system for peanuts. Which would take a big bite
out of the gas bill as well.

Wayne