Andy Hill

Harry Everhart wrote:
"Ralph Mowery" wrote:
I bought a Whirlpool less than an year ago and the book has the water usage
in it. It is under the cycle selection charts. It uses from about 6 to 11
gallons of water depending on the settings.
It also gives the times of usage. Around 70 to 90 min.

Thanks Ralph -
I will use 11 gallons as a guide per load. If that is the case - then a
2.5 gallon electric water heater will not serve it well. I presently
have a 50 gallon water heater serving just a kitchen sink and dishwasher
- silly - I know. I want to replace it.
Harry

If this is a unit that can heat it's own water, than it's irrelevant (other than
the additional time it takes for the dishwasher to bring the water up to
temperature). Electric water heater vs. dishwasher heating the water...it's
all electricity.