al

"basil" wrote in message
news
I've heard they last 10 years or so. I replaced the old ones here with
this tpe:
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s..._4_1251 .html
they work, and no noise like with some.

Of course it means a drain down and you may have to replace the old
olive. I think very old valves have an imperial thread even. While
your doing this you could re-plumb the new rad so you dont need
extenders.

Unfortunately, the original rad in question wasn't one of the ones I was
thinking of putting a TRV on! Those ones you've pointed out sure do look
nice, but cost a bit! Most of the ones I've seen on Screwfix, etc. seem to
be in the £5-10 range. Is the extra money for style or function?