Mary Fisher

Default Different honeys

"Rob Graham" wrote in message
om...

I'm so sorry to hear about the arthritis - suffer a bit myself but not
seriously. Really damning when it destroys your interests.

It hasn't destroyed any of my interest, there are always other aspects to
one's intereests. It's not as though I played the double bass ... :-)

Just
about to get new neighbours ourselves - hope they aren't going to be
the difficult type. I've kept bees here for 30 years and it would be
just my luck if some poser with a 4x4 gets stroppy about them.

Don't pre-judge what they'll be like. You know the ways to avoid conflict
but if you have to move them that's no great problem.

Going to get a dose of rape this year as the nearest field is just
coming into flower.

I was amazed, driving up the A1 last week, to see that OSR was in full
flower in some fields.

Will build the hives up quickly but it's no real
use otherwise

?

and will have to be extracted very quickly.

It does but I believe that it's been the saviour of British beekeepers. It
makes excellent soft set honey and mixes with other honeys very well. I
won't have anything said against OSR honey, it's only problem is one of
management and that's up to us. If we can manage to eat on time daily we can
manage to take off the frames on time - especially if they're in your
garden.

Mary

Regards

Rob