Rumpty

Free form moulding on the RAS is quite easy and safe. It's featured in the
Mr. Sawdust Book "How To Master The Radial Saw" by Wally Kunkel.
http://people.delphiforums.com/snotz...awdust/faq.htm

If your library of Fine Woodworking goes back a few years, this was featured
in the Sept./Oct. 1982 issue.

--

Rumpty

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"Rumpty" wrote in
:

I'm sure, in the hands of an artist, many things can be done with a
RAS. I

can't imagine how one would cut a curved bonnet top moulding with one,
however.

It's done all the time! We use the Delta Shaper heads and bits, and a
variable fixed rub collar on the table, the cuts are made with the
arbor down pointing on the table and the moulding mounted to a guide
board and fed past the bit.

Pardon me, but my estimation of your courage just went WAY up! That

sounds
to me very much like an inverted, free-air shaper.

I'll pass, thank you.

Patriarch