On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:31:30 -0600, someone wrote:

I had my mother in law's house lifted 3 feet and had 6 steel beams lifting all
at one time. We had no trouble at all. Using Bottle jacks and wood beams is
history now.

Recently, local fellas had a house jacked up to do foundation work.
They were underneath when the house shifted to the side, the jacks
tipped over, one man was killed. It was a father & son doing the
work, I think it was the Dad that died (not that either one would be
okay).