Alan

Lobster wrote:
I understand B&Q do trade discounts, but you have to go to the big
warehouse places or whatever they call them? Is that right? A few

q's
for anyone in the know...

How difficult is it to get trade prices there; are there hoops to

jump
through?

Once you've been given 'trade' once, do they give you a card to flash

on
subsequent occasions so you don't have to do the freemason's

handshake
routine every time?

Most importantly - if you do get a trade card (if there is one!) are

you
you then allowed to use that at ordinary small B&Q's?

I'm asking because my most convenient (but not my preferred) d-i-y
outlet is B&Q, but it's a 'small' one, and the nearest B&Q

'warehouse'
is prohibitively far away (but I'd make the trip if it was

worthwhile!)

Thanks
David

Not sure what the situation is now but a couple of years back there
were some products which were cheaper - bulk bags of sand being one but
the discounts were small and bettered elsewhere.
The biggest discount I saw was 22% (I think) off Velux windows which
was 2% better than I could get at the time from my local independent BM
but it was off windows only. Flashings etc were full price but my local
BM would discount these at the same rate as windows if I bought the
windows too and were therefore cheaper overall so got my business.

Basically not worth bothering with IMHO as the other benefits such as
credit, free delivery etc are available at your independent BM who will
give better discounts.

Alan.