Arch

Owen, good post that provoked good answers. As a practicing COC, I'll
generalize from the land of the outstretched palm and conspicuous
consumer. Other areas may differ.

We bought a cheap waterfront vacation cottage years ago that's now a
modest home surrounded by the mc'mansions of the so called upper class.
'Upper' meaning newly rich in dollars, not in any true appreciation of
artistry in any medium or venue.

Most of the grandiose new homes nearby are designed by trophy wives and
'decorated' by interior brokers. The owner's are led to believe that
expensive equates to tasteful and they don't much care whether wood,
canvas, glass or pink flamingos adorn their abodes. They don't collect
art, they accumulate the artificial, a display of networth to be envied
not enjoyed. If you favor eclectic, you would would love these
residences with their huge columns that are a strange mix of all three
types of Greek architecture. As I warned, I generalize and that's rarely
a good thing.

I leave it to those of you who have forgotten about the beautiful and
ornate woodturnings of the past to wonder why a craft you consider was
once mostly treen and chair legs is having such a hard time going from
the kitchen to the parlor.

OK, now that you've thought about it, you still wonder wottenhell Arch
is trying to say. Likely, not much!

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter