WillR

Owen Lowe wrote:
pipe in hand, leather-patch covered elbow resting upon the arm of my
chair

It struck me as an original thought, as I don't recall being exposed to
such an idea, that wood turning has a history of being snubbed as a
valuable craft.

Hate to disabuse you of that notion -- but I'll bet the pipeful was good
anyway... LOL

The Royal Ontario Museum which I mentioned in a post in early March had
many turned items on display - from the 19th and 20th century (and a few
earlier). One of the chairs appeared to be the one featured in a Darlow
book.

http://www.rom.on.ca/

They had some wonderful furniture displays at the beginning of the
month. Not sure what's there now though.

Perhaps you fellows are building the golden age of turning...

Stick around for a couple of hundred years. If you're all famous then
you know. :-)

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek