wmbjk

On 27 Mar 2005 19:54:51 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

From what I see of the rate stucture though, it *seemed* like
there was a minimum monthly charge, even if his main breaker
were pulled for the entire month. Ie, you pay a hundred
bucks just to have the wires and meter *there* even if no
current flows though them.

Jim

Minimum charges are pretty common, probably nearly universal. Gunner's
was about 15 cents per day. Once he gets his use down to the
equivalent of a 40 Watt bulb 24-7, the minimum charge will become a
factor. Then he can send PG&E a nasty-gram along these lines - "I'm
only using $3.20 worth of electricity a month, yet you greedy *******s
are charging me $4.50!" :-)

Wayne